SMART Response FAQs
- What is SMART Response? Show/Hide Answer
SMART Response is a mobile application designed help wastewater collections system operators:
- Document sanitary sewer overflows and response activities in accordance with State Water Board requirements
- Calculate and record defensible volume estimations
- Collect information for claims adjustors, and
- Identify required regulatory notifications
- What devices does SMART Response work on? Show/Hide Answer
SMART Response can be used on iPads, Android tablets, Surface tablets, and on desktop and laptop computers running OSX or Windows 8+. SMART Response will not function on phones including, but not limited to, iPhones, iPods, Android phones, or other smart phones. Please note that some Android phones will allow you to install SMART Response, but it will not function properly.
- Can SMART Response data be shared with others in my agency? Show/Hide Answer
Yes. SMART Response data is stored in cloud servers so that all users at the same agency access the same data. Data can be collected by users on devices either online or offline. Data entered offline is automatically synced with the agency’s data when the device is back online. SMART Response works over any cellular data network and over WiFi.
- Does my whole agency need to be on the same type of device? Show/Hide Answer
No. Users can access the same agency data from any compatible device.
- Do all of the users in my agency have the same level of access? Show/Hide Answer
You agency will have Administrators and Users. The agency can have an unlimited number of Administrators and Users. Administrators and Users have access to active incidents and reference documents. Administrators can also:
- Archive incidents
- Delete incidents
- Add documents to the References Section
- Subscribe and unsubscribe to SMART Response
- Invite other users
- Will my trial subscription automatically convert to a paid subscription? Show/Hide Answer
No. When your trial period is over you may choose whether or not to pay for a subscription. If you do not wish to continue to use SMART Response you do not need to take any action. Your trial subscription will expire and you will no longer have access to SMART Response. If you do choose to continue to use SMART Response, just click the button on the Subscription tab under an administrator log in.
- Will SMART Response communicate with our agency’s CMMS? Show/Hide Answer
SMART Response is a stand-alone application and does not currently have the capability to directly transfer data into a Computerized Maintenance Management System. SMART Response does have an XLSX output, which could be formatted for import into some CMMS’s.